How to reduce workplace stress is a key question that employers and OHS/HR managers must answer if they want to maximise the productivity of their employees and minimise costs.
Kim Jewell Integrative Wellness has a range of stress management courses that can be customised to suit your organisation.
Our solutions will help your staff to reduce stress and build resiliency.
What is resilience? When you’re resilient:
- You have the mental focus and determination you need to be successful (mental resilience)
- You’re able to activate positive emotions when you need them most (emotional resilience)
- You get strength from your friends and family (social resilience)
Benefits of Managing Workplace Stress
Reducing work related stress provides your organisation with the following benefits:
- Reduced absenteeism
Workplace anxiety causes a range of physical and emotional illness (including depression). It also suppresses our immune system so that it takes longer to recover from disease. This results in loss of work hours.
- Reduced workers compensation claims
Stress-related claims account for almost 30% of all WorkCover claims and are about twice as expensive as other claims. See research
- Reduced staff turnover
Employees who aren’t coping with tension at work are more likely to leave. It costs tens of thousands of dollars to replace an employee that has been with the company for many years. According to research, staff turnover costs are 150% of their annual salary, and it takes 20 weeks on average for new employees to become fully productive.
- Higher staff morale
Reducing stress in the workplace means your employees will be happier and feel more positive about the company.
- Better customer service
Staff who aren’t tense will be more pleasant toward your customers and provide better customer service.
- Better inter-staff relations
When people are uptight at work, tempers flare and relationships can sour, leading to less co-operative, less cohesive teams.
- Higher productivity
All of the factors mentioned above, plus the fact that many people think more clearly when they’re not stressed (and therefore make better decisions), means that putting in place effective stress management strategies will increase productivity and improve your bottom line.
Our Stress Management and Resiliency Solutions
Kim Jewell, Integrative Wellness offers a range of workplace wellbeing services which we can customise to suit your requirements.
Corporate Wellness Program
We will collaborate with you to put together an ongoing corporate wellness program to assist your staff in managing stress at work and increasing their resilience.
You can include any of the following components in your workplace wellness program:
- Stress Management – including Emotional Intelligence, Resiliency, Positive Psychology and Work Life Balance workshops
- Meditation, Relaxation and Positive Psychology at Work classes
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating seminars or workshops
- Laughter workshops
- Team Building activities
Stress Management Courses
This is a highly interactive and dynamic workshop where participants learn how to develop strategies to:
- Reduce tension and anxiety
- Practise resiliency techniques
- Design personal action plans
The stress management techniques and skills taught enable the participants to improve their focus and motivation, and increase and sustain a healthy, positive attitude at work and at home.
Flexible Delivery Options:
Our stress management training courses can be customised to suit your needs: a one-off training session or an ongoing monthly or weekly course series. They can also be delivered as a full day workshop, half day workshop or a short “Lunch and Learn” Session.
Topics Covered Include:
- Educational component: What is Stress? Symptoms and Triggers
- How Do I Know if I’m Stressed? – evaluation
- Stress and Your Workplace Performance
- How to Minimise Negative Anxiety and Worry
- How to Manage Stress Effectively
- Taking Responsibility, Communication, and Teamwork
- Social & Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Ways to Reduce your Susceptibility to Stress
- Practical and Easy Relaxation Tips and Techniques for the workplace
- Healthy Habits that Contribute Towards a Resilient Life
- How to Increase Happiness and Maintain a Healthy, Confident Attitude
- Personal Stress-Buster Plan and goals
We deliver our stress management courses and programs in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Newcastle and Wollongong.
There has been a lot of research conducted into the adverse effects of stress on our mental, emotional and physical health. See some of the stress research here
Have you got a group that you’d like to help achieve greater
success, happiness and well-being? Bring me in to work
From a one hour talk to a full or multi-day workshop on
breaking down the barriers to greater performance, success
and happiness, I’m happy to share this work with your
group live and in-person, or by phone or Skype.
Kim can speak on Leadership, Sales and Team dynamics for the corporate world. Custom speeches/talks can be created, so please feel free to contact us to have this discussion. The fee will depend upon a number of variables, including
length of presentation, type and size of group, and any
Please contact me via the Contact page.